CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

GunBound not working on M1 Max

Hi there,

Was just testing a game called GunBound (from gunbound.ca), and while it installs, launches, and downloads patch updates just fine, once you try to login, you get the following error as it attempts to load into the game itself:

"Message code: 310
No 3D video card found, or low video driver version. Please try again after installing the latest video card driver"

This is a GunBound-specific error, but what's really weird, is GunBound works just fine on both my Intel 2017 5K iMac, as well as my previous 2020 13" M1 MacBook Pro without a hitch, but it is only on my 14" M1 Max I get this error on, and since it worked fine on an M1, I don't believe it's an ARM-specific issue.

I'm curious if anyone else is able to reproduce this issue or might know how to resolve? Thanks.

I'm seeing the same thing on a 16" M1 Max. I haven't found a way around it, though. I was hoping it would just be a matter of installing the right DirectX package (under the assumption that Gunbound's doing something unusual with how it detects video hardware), but none of them seems to work. I've also tried creating an XP-level bottle and using the XP version, but that gave me the same error.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTWJGN0VTRnlVWUJMYTd5VCIsImdkcHIiOjB9