CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Trashed Programs in Win 7 Bottle keep reappearing

Just like the title says. I've created a Win 7 Bottle with a .NET 4.6.1 installed in order to run a self-contained executable and while I'm able to run the executable, just fine. I can't trash or uninstall the program.

So the repro steps:

(With a fresh Bottle)

1. I click "Run Command..."
  2. I select my executable and click run
  3. I close the window and once the app is up and running it appears in my programs
    (some time later)
  4. I download an update of my executable (there's no easy update path). So I right-click the intial program, trash it, and run the new one.
  5. I quit Crossover and relaunch it a bit later.
  6. The result is that I now have two of same program.

A quick search through the bottle files shows that the prior version of the software is still in config and plist files even though I trashed them.

Important note, the executables have the version in the filename, so there isn't a name conflict.

Any thoughts?

Hi there,

There's actually not a way to uninstall programs through CrossOver. The recommended workflow is to delete the bottle, and recreate a new bottle if needed.

Best,
Meredith

Ah! Thanks for the quick response. Do you think setting up a new bottle with all my requirements then archiving it. Later importing the archive as needed for updates be a good workaround?

Hi again,

Yes, that is exactly what I would recommend :)

Best,
Meredith

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRjkySlM5VHZ3ZFVKcEU5TSIsImdkcHIiOjB9