CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Issue with fonts during installing steam

Hey.
I tried few times, but I always have problem with fonts to install during steam installation.
It always fails, and when I skip it, the next step failing too.
I have brand new Mac Studio M1 Max+ 64GB so it should works fine, but I can't even install a steam.
How to fix it? I want to find alternative to Parallels but I have only 14 days to test it, if im unable to start steam I won't buy it :(

Hi there,

Issues like the one you're seeing are typically due to either anti-virus software or network issues. Please confirm you are not using anti-virus software or CleanMyMac X. If you're not using either of those, also confirm you don't private relay enabled, and then also try connecting to a different network.

Best,
Meredith

I don't using any software like this, it's a fresh new installation. Private is not enabled too. Now im trying hotspot on my phone.

Edit:

Still same problem

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiM2hnSFJ5TmtmeVk1bTdxQiIsImdkcHIiOjB9