CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Mac Studio/M1 MBP Black Screen & Installation Issue

Hello! I'm having various problems with Crossover on two Macs. One is a Mac Studio and the other is an M1 MBP. I am trying to run Zeus: Master of Olympus and Heroes of Might and Magic III. I am having a couple of issues:

1. When I run the installer for Heroes of Might and Magic III on the M1 MBP, it tells me that it cannot find the second part of the GoG installer. Whatever I do, it cannot see the file. I'm unable to work out why.

2. When I run the installer for Zeus: Master of Olympus on the Mac Studio, the game installer from GoG tells me that the game installed while Crossover tells me that it failed. I can choose to skip the step and proceed. If I do this, the a black screen fills the screen and then returns to the normal desktop around a second later. I can't work out why.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Hi there,

1. The 2 GOG installer files need to be in the same directory for the second one to be found.

2. Not all Mac displays have support for the default resolution for a lot of older games, unfortunately :/ Newer Monterey versions also have made this problem worse. If I had to guess, I'd say that's the problem you're running into. We've been looking into a solution for this, but it's a difficult problem for us to solve on our end.

Best,
Meredith

I don’t know anything about those games at all. However, in many cases you can work around the resolution issues by forcing the game to use Full Screen Windowed mode. Most games default to Full Screen mode. Naturally, if the game won’t launch, you can’t use the game’s own screen mode control to make this change. But most games have a local settings files that you can edit with TextEdit or your favorite text editor and a little examination of this file can often give you the clues you need to make the edits necessary for the screen mode change.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQW5FODVodDJzRm5nR3VVdCIsImdkcHIiOjB9