CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Team Fortress 2 screen/word problem

I start up tf2 and when i start the game the valve logo is normal and centered. It starts having problems when the loading screen starts up as the screen is only showing the top half of the loading image on the bottom half of my screen, while the rest of the screen is a bunch of random bits of other windows. When the game is loaded it then moves to the lower right corner of my screen with only the upper left corner of the menu showing, while still having other random bits of windows. When I go into options and similar modes none of the words/letters appear and the selection options are all blank, while the main menu has words/letters. Any tips? Should I reinstall Steam? Would getting out of full screen mode help? And if so how do I do that?

Are you using CrossOver 6.2 or older? If so, please try CrossOver Games. It has a bug related to this issue fixed. Alternatively you can play the game windowed.

I was able to figure out how to get get out of fullscreen and I updated my CrossOver, the fullscreen still has issues but windowed it's fine. However there still no text in the game besides the main menu. For example when I select "servers" there is no text, just a bunch of blank selections. Is the text bug that you were talking about that was fixed by CrossOver Games or is there something else causing the problem?

Ok I think I might know what's wrong but I don't know how to fix it. I tried reinstalling Steam (since reinstalling TF2 did nothing) and it stops installation at the same point every time and a window pops up that says "Error: failed to set privileges for Steam folder" which causes the installation to end prematurely. Anything I can do to fix this?

Um... bump?

If the texts are still broken, this indicates that you're still using the old CrossOver version.

CrossOver Games doesn't use the same bottles as CrossOver. So if you were using CrossOver 6.2 previously, and upgraded to CrossOver Games, you have to reinstall steam(or move around bottles, but that might show undefined behavior). You can also try to use the recently released CrossOver Standard or Pro for the games, which uses the same bottles, but I do not recommend it because we did no game testing with it, and the code used has many known bugs with games.

I downloaded the CrossOver Games demo and TF2 works perfectly. Thanks for the help 😀

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNzZjeEtMeVlUU1lzVVUzQiIsImdkcHIiOjB9