CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

CrossOver Mac "Pro" vs "Games"

I went to upgrade to version 7 and noticed two separate downloads for the "Pro" and "Games" versions. I'd like to use CrossOver for both games and desktop apps; should I download both, or is the "Games" version just a subset of "Pro"?

Thanks,
James

cxmac7 was released? How did I miss that?

CrossOver Games will have more frequent updates than CrossOver Pro and Std. While currently CrossOver Pro has the newer code, we'll update cxgames more frequently. Now that we have released a crossover for office apps, and finally gotten Office 2007 to work, we will bring the focus back to games now and release a crossover games update soon.

A cxgames license is included in cxpro.

Thanks, that's interesting Stefan. So there's no conflict in having both versions installed?

Steve: I just got an email about it a couple of hours ago. Maybe your email is still finding its way to you?

pro and games use different installation directories, so they do not conflict.

If you want to share a bottle you can do so by creating a symlink. It should work, but if you run into troubles and ask for support we'll first ask you to cleanly install the app with the respective version

Regarding the emails: Our announcement mailing list has quite a lot of entries, so it can take a while.

Thanks for the help Stefan. The symlink seems to work fine and cxgames recognizes the bottles, but now I just have a bunch of .apps which open up the bottles in cxpro like they always did. Any way that I can re-create the launchers for the games to open up in cxgames?

Ah, I just figured it out...that wonderful "Configure" => "Clear and Rebuild Programs Menu..." thing which I totally missed.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZXB5cVZrSk42OWhFS1c4OCIsImdkcHIiOjB9