CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Office 2007 HOW????

How do you install it. I've tried numerous times to install it in a winxp bottle and the program (crossover 7) freezes everytime about two thirds into the install. Is there something I need to install first? Do I need to customize the install to exclude files? I've about had it trying to use crossover about the only thing that I can get to work is IE 6.

Which version are you trying to install (Pro, Standard, etc), which format (DVD, download, etc.) and which region?

I think it's Pro (maybe Pro Plus?) and it was a download (on our company network) so no cd/dvd. When installing I customized it so it only installed Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook nothing else. But it does not make a difference the program does not respond after two thirds into the install. The only thing I really want is Outlook.

OK I finally got it installed. Opened Outlook put all the server info in for my exchange account and… nothing it just keeps asking me to log in. Does outlook exchange access work in crossover?

How are you logging in?
The format for logging into exchange has changed from crossover 6.2.

Use the format:
domain\user
pass

whereas in 6.2, I could get away with just
user
pass

Hope that helps...

Gil

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicHdidzdlZVlIZWhKTXFZVSIsImdkcHIiOjB9