CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Switching the Command key with the Control key

Forgive me if I haven't seen how I can make the change application-wide but I would like to be able to use Command-S to save a file (like I would normally do in the Mac OS) instead of using Control-S (which is the way PCs normally do it. I would like the Command key to switch with the Control key while I am in CrossOver. (You can set it up that way in Parallels)

Is this something that is possible?

Thanks!

I doubt there's anything you can run in Crossover to make this change, but you might be able to set it on the Mac side with something like ControllerMate.

Hi,

Can you expand on this a little bit?

I want the same thing. I want the command key to be the control key inside Crossover, and I guess the other key doesn't matter in the bottle. So both command and control could do the same thing inside Crossover applications?

It's one annoyance. Switching from "PC Think" to "Mac Think". I love using my thumb for copy and paste, switching between a Mac App and a Crossover App, makes this a continual brain translation exercise I'd love to avoid.

So what are the options for overriding or mapping the keys so that control is command and vice versa? Would this be just for one application or for all of Crossover?

Anybody else do this?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTUhwU051Wk1Wc1BMYjd2TSIsImdkcHIiOjB9