CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

next step for non-geek whose app won't run under demo?

Note: I posted this before re-reading the email that accompanied my download of the Crossover Mac 7 demo. That email answered the question below (which boiled down to, "Gee, my app doesn't work yet, what do I do now?").

Forgive me if I'm being obtuse here, but I'm not sure what's the appropriate next step. I've tried my unsupported app under the CX 7 demo, and then tried fixes listed in the FAQ, support docs, etc. (the ones I understand, anyway, since I don't have a background in Windows). So it's fair to say I've exceeded my own resources, and I'm willing to pay someone to make it work. Should I be posting in one of the other forums here and describing what I see, or should I be talking to sales, or do I need to simply buy the program, submit a ticket, and trust that someone will get the app running?

The app is Solar Fire Gold, a tool for professional astrologers. (I see that someone posted in winehq's AppDB regarding version 6 of Solar Fire a couple of years ago; I think Gold is version 7. I should add, too, that this particular install is a demo version.)

I'm sure the path is spelled out on the website, but with so many people talking about so many things, I can't pick it out. So I guess this post is, if nothing else, a bit of website feedback. I've got an app that's ready to join the Crossover family; what do I do now?

Send an email to sales@codeweavers.com saying what you'd like to do and we can go from there.

At what point did you have a problem? I can get it to load by adding mfc40.dll to the system32 directory inside the bottle's windows folder using a winxp bottle. I think there are still font issues, but since it's not a program I use, let me know and I'll see if I can help.

You can get a copy of mfc40.dll from http://download.microsoft.com/download/ole/ole2v/3.5/w351/en-us/ole2v.exe and then unzipping the exe file.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZEF3YTRaOFRGd0d3SjV2UyIsImdkcHIiOjB9