CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Game Trainers on Crossover Games 7

Hello,

Could anyone please tell me if it's possible to use a game trainer (3rd party software that makes a game easier) with software running under Crossover Games?

If so, how would you go about setting up an exe trainer to run in the bottle?

Thanks in advance.

It probably depends on the type of trainer. If you're modifying a save game file you'll probably have more luck than running something that modifies the game as it's running. That said, you'll probably be very lucky to have the trainer run (and/or game) run at all.

I'd imagine doing an unsupported install into the same bottle as the game would be how you'd want to install the trainer. Might need to use Crossover's Run Program to fire it up too if it doesn't make a start menu icon. And doing the stuff I just described is left as an exercise to reader to go learn how to do by reading the documentation :)

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately the one I had in mind does appear to modify the game as it's running. As it happened I had tried the two methods you mentioned before coming here.

As it's just an exe it's not installable and it just appears to quit instantly when I run the command. I guess it's not going to happen for this game.

Thanks anyway.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiaHFoRTk3ZVFMNVJTVXhQQyIsImdkcHIiOjB9