CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover won't open... help please

I would like to be able to post a ticket. My support page shows I've purchased this, but I'm still not allowed to post a ticket, so...

I've installed 6.2.1 on my Macbook Pro 2.6Ghz running 10.5.2, but every time I try to open Crossover, I receive the following:

"CrossOver is unable to initialize a critical component. Without this, CrossOver is unable to run, and will now exit."

I noticed I was not prompted for a password when I dragged and dropped to install despite the fact that the install instructions show that I would be prompted. I suspect that this is part of the problem.

Any direction would be appreciated.

Justen

Hi,

We'll check why you can't open a ticket.

Meanwhile, I have only one quick guess: Do you have the Logitech Control Center installed? This application injects its own code into every application and hooks some resources CrossOver needs on its own, hence it breaks CrossOver. Can you try to disable LCC if you have it installed?

Thanks for the quick reply, Stefan. I don't, in fact, have anything guy Logitech installed. Any other ideas?

Justen

Justen Wattenbarger wrote:

I would like to be able to post a ticket. My support page shows
I've purchased this, but I'm still not allowed to post a ticket

This is because your support is expired. You purchased on Jan 21st, 2007. Your support expired one year later. Since you are out of support, you are not allowed to post a ticket. You should renew your support if you want to receive technical support.

I am a certified Apple consultant and I have an opportunity to sell as many as 20 license to one of my clients, but I can't even open the program I paid for to test it with IE 6/7. I don't even see how to renew my support. The only option I see is to buy the program again. I understand what you've said, but given that a sales opportunity exists for you on this, is there any chance you might want to help me on this one?

Sure; we're always happy to help in a pre-sales mode. Best way to contact on that, though,
is to shoot an email to sales@codeweavers.com.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiS2FmVXdzeDRlN1o5YVV6YyIsImdkcHIiOjB9