CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

how uninstal Crossover 6.0.1 demo on Mac OsX leopard

Hi,
I installed crossover 6.0.1 on Mac Os 10.5 but now I want to uninstal it because I don't use it.

I put crossover in the trash and all the files that were in the system's librairy and in the library of my user account.
I emptied the trash.
Restarted my computer.

But when I right-click a file ".exe" I still have, in "open with" I always have the choice of selectonner crossover and it works. I can't run the .exe but crossover is in my dock and I have all his menu on the top of my screen.

What am I supposed to do if I want uninstaled crossover?

What you did should be good enough. Do you have another crossover.app around, or does MacOS run it from the trash?

no, I emptied the trash.
and i don't have an other crossover.app around
Really, I don't understand.

Drag the icon of Crossover off of your dock and it will disappear.

.exe apps are probably still associated with Crossover since it was the last program on your computer that could open them. When you install another program that can open .exe files (like Parallels or VMWare) those .exe files should re-associate themselves with the new program automatically.

Otherwise you can get info on one .exe, go to Open With, and (if possible) choose a program to open the .exe file with. Then click "change all" to make that the system-wide setting.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibXhmV3lGYlRZR0dIUWFZcyIsImdkcHIiOjB9