CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover doesn't create application icons

I'm running Crossover 12.5 on Mavericks.

I was trying to install x360ce, so that I could play Skyrim on Steam. I followed all the steps in the installation walkthrough. However, When I go to home folder -> Applications -> CrossOver, the only folder I see is the one from Steam.

Tried to install other apps as well, same story. Besides Steam (which I installed a very long time ago), there are absolutely no other application folders on that folder, nor any other application on Crossover programs menu. I refreshed, cleared and rebuild it twice or thrice. Nothing. I followed all the possible Terminal steps on the "Application icons are not being created after Windows programs are installed in Crossover Mac" FAQ item. Still nothing. What should I do? Is it possible that delete everything and reinstall Crossover will be the only possible solution for that?

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Is it only other steam games which are not receiving icons, or do you not get icons for other, non-Steam things you install?

You are installing things via the CrossOver software installer, right?

Right. I don't get icons of anything at all.

Paola Oliveira de Camargo wrote:

Right. I don't get icons of anything at all.

It sounds to me like time for a support ticket - I'm not sure what is going on. I will forward this post to our ticket system, which should open a ticket for you automatically.

I also have this issue on El Capitain. Did you find a resolution to it?

Assuming you installed Skyrim via Steam , you can just open Steam from Crossover and then click the play button to run Skyrim I suppose ... Skyrim runs fine on my Macbook Pro running OSX El Capitan :)

I should clarify. I'm not having issues with Steam, but the following...

"Tried to install other apps as well, same story. Besides Steam (which I installed a very long time ago), there are absolutely no other application folders on that folder, nor any other application on Crossover programs menu. I refreshed, cleared and rebuild it twice or thrice. Nothing. I followed all the possible Terminal steps on the "Application icons are not being created after Windows programs are installed in Crossover Mac" FAQ item. Still nothing."

I followed same steps which did not resolve my issue. Wondering if anyone found a resolution to the app icons issue outside of steam.

It could be a permissions error. If Crossover can't write to (your home folder)/Applications/Crossover that'll prevent icons being created.

Try out https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/faq/cxmacmigrationassist to reset your home folder permissions and then see if you can create a icon.

Thank you, but already followed it with no effect.

1 to 10 of 10

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidXhXUjNBdTZTZkJTbm12NCIsImdkcHIiOjB9