CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

For only one of our customers file folders icons appear and program crashes

We have dozens of customers using our Windows application in CrossOver Mac and it works beautifully for all of them with one exception. This customer has 2 Mac computers and the problem occurs with CrossOver Mac 13.2 and also I installed the latest trial version and still get this problem:

When she runs our application (the Sirius astrology software) in the task bar four file folder icons appear. I never saw that before. I also noticed that one appears and then disappears when I run our installation program but the installation program does finish normally and appears to properly install all files. The real problem is this: when we launch the our application, it cashes with a floating point calculation error.

Unfortunately after being on her computer for many hours with TeamViewer to analyze this further I am not able to work on this again until she returns from a trip in a few weeks.

If the little file folders appearing is a symptom of some problem you can identify, please let me know. Otherwise, I hope that the customer has patience for me to get on her computer again when she returns to identify precisely where the application crashes in hopes that it will help solve the problem.

Thank you.

The small folders sound like an older version of CrossOver on Mavericks. CrossOver 14 should fix those.

Regarding the floating point error I don't have a quick answer. SInce it happens on this one machine only I suspect some other (most likely Mac) application is injecting itself into the process of the windows application and messing with the FPU control register. I have seen this happen with some Logitech mouse drivers, but every now and then there are other tools that do something like this.

Thanks Stefan. We will try this with the latest version of CrossOver and I will find out what mouse is used, etc. and I will let you know if I figure out what is causing this.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNFhlS3VXOVBUTjNBYU5nSyIsImdkcHIiOjB9