CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

City of Steam Arkadia

Anyone tried to run city of steam arkadia?

http://cityofsteam.com/

I have tried but I keep getting The program Launcher.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close. We are sorry for any inconvenience.

Just want to know if this is fixable.

Thanks for any help on this topic.

I did get the Launcher to work but the game still won't.

To get the launcher working(you'll need to use Tools -> Manage Bottles for this):

• create a fresh Win XP bottle
  • install either Internet Explorer 7 or Microsoft HTML Rendering engine 7 (either will bring a proper wininet.dll)
  • in the Bottle Manager, select this bottle and go to the Control Panel tab, select Wine configuration and click on the Launch Selected Item button
  • go to the Libraries tab and type wininet in the input box then click on the Add button
  • make sure that wininet is the currently selected item and click the Edit button
  • select Native (NOT any of the native then builtin or builtin then native)
  • click OK to close the little pop-up window, then Apply
  • go to the graphics tab and set a virtual desktop of 1024x768 or higher (this step is required for the actual launcher)
  • click Apply and then OK to close wine config
  • install the launcher

It should update fine and let you log in. The problem is actually trying to run the game. You get a window but nothing draws in it. Oh well... maybe someone else will be able to get further, or maybe it's wine that needs some additional fixing to get the Unity webplayer to work....

Alright I'll try it. Thank you for your help :D

Silviu Cojocaru wrote:

I did get the Launcher to work but the game still won't.

To get the launcher working(you'll need to use Tools -> Manage
Bottles for this):

• create a fresh Win XP bottle
  • install either Internet Explorer 7 or Microsoft HTML Rendering
    engine 7 (either will bring a proper wininet.dll)
  • in the Bottle Manager, select this bottle and go to the Control
    Panel tab, select Wine configuration and click on the Launch
    Selected Item button
  • go to the Libraries tab and type wininet in the input box
    then click on the Add button
  • make sure that wininet is the currently selected item and click
    the Edit button
  • select Native (NOT any of the native then builtin or builtin then
    native)
  • click OK to close the little pop-up window, then Apply
  • go to the graphics tab and set a virtual desktop of 1024x768 or
    higher (this step is required for the actual launcher)
  • click Apply and then OK to close wine config
  • install the launcher

It should update fine and let you log in. The problem is actually
trying to run the game. You get a window but nothing draws in it. Oh
well... maybe someone else will be able to get further, or maybe
it's wine that needs some additional fixing to get the Unity
webplayer to work....

I did what you said and the game worked completely for me.

Thank you so much!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiaGE5ZVV5ZVd1Q3JObVJNViIsImdkcHIiOjB9