CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

G430 + Logitech Gaming-Software

Hi, I own a Logitech G430 Surround Headset. The problem is, that there is no software for Mac and due to this the surround sound is not working.
I installed the Logitech Gaming-Software in a new WinXP bottle which works without any problems.

Now my problem is ,that the Software isn't recognizing my Headset. It's plugged in the USB-Port, do I have to set this USB-Port to the Crossover software, if so, how?

Thank you.

Unfortunately CrossOver does not support hardware drivers. I am afraid your software will not work.

(There are some ways we could theoretically make some things work, and your USB headphone may be a candidate for that, but it would require a lot of effort.)

If there were proper Mac drivers for that headset that enabled it as a 5.1 audio device, then Wine could use the surround features. I say this not knowing for sure if the Core Audio driver in Mac Wine even uses surround yet.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRWIycUI3WTNCSFk2RkF4TCIsImdkcHIiOjB9