CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

DVD Repair Manual for BMW Motorcycles, works but images are not displaying. Pathing problem?

Hi There,

Have a dvd that contains repair manuals, works fine in Windows on a PC. I followed the instructions to set up an 'other' application and that seemed to work fine, it knew that there was a dvd with an autorun file and picked up the main executable called RSD.exe, and basically starts the DVD up ok. It has a startup screen with an image that shows fine, then I can navigate the menus and read text, but no images will show up in any of the various sections. Seems like some kind of relative pathing problem? Looks like this:

I am sure this is some simple thing, but haven't a clue to the setting needed. Any help would be appreciated.

I even tried copying the whole dvd to a mac dmg. Then tried copying the images relative to the root, and putting alias's in lots of places, looked at the wine configuration and set the drive to match the root of the dmg. Basically I tried a bunch of hackery without a clue to try and get the path where it would see the images, but no luck.

Any help would be appreciated, this seems like it must be a simple setting somewhere...so close.

Thanks,

Andy

Out of curiousity, what format are those images?

Usually these programs like to use the IE rendering engine when displaying HTML content. If you install the Microsoft HTML Rendering Engine 7 into the same bottle, does it fix things? (seriously, make sure to select the same bottle)

I have also seen some of those repair dvd with proprietary image formats...

I wonder if that isn't just a website shown in an IE control with a custom frame to make it look like a fancy real application. It may be enough to browse through the files on the DVD and open a file called index.html or similar with Safari.

Though yes, if those are custom image formats it won't work in Safari.

I was able to get the BMW RSD program to work, with images showing, by installing a fresh Windows XP bottle then installing IE 8 and the IE7 rendering engine. Hope this helps you.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTDhDU0VXcUtlc2s4c1prZSIsImdkcHIiOjB9