CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Install application from a folder

I'm trying to install an application that comes in a folder.
The way the program is installed on Windows is that first i have to copy the original folder to a hard drive and then execute install command. The install command just creates a user profile on the hard drive and a shortcut to an exe file that is located in the original folder (this way the program can be installed from all kinds of mapped network drives). Nothing gets copied from the original folder and when the program runs, it again pulls all the data from the original folder.
So far i have not been able to replicate that behaviour in CrossOver.
Can this be accomplished?

Basic steps would be:

1) create a bottle
2) use the Bottle Manager and select the newly created bottle
3) Use the Open C: Drive button and copy the folder over to the bottle
4) Use the Run Command button to browse to the "installer" and run it

That worked perfectly!
Thank you.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNHhZU1ZOUWFONXV0QlJQWCIsImdkcHIiOjB9