CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Tyre for TomTom

Hi,

I bought crossover specifically to use Tyre for my Tomtom. When I open Tyre it comes with the error "Could not obtain OLE control window handle."

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

The begin with, the last rating for Tyre on Mac is "non functional". The page for Tyre is here https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/details/tyre Obviously, the last test is rather old, but in this case, I think the problem is the same with all versions. That's why there's a trial, so you can test things fully before buying, and then, there's a database to collect user's information.

That being said, you can look at the wiki here: http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/faq/usbtoserial

That is the problem, getting your Tomtom to work through USB, which has a very limited support. Personally, I never managed to make use of a USB device, like my Garmin GPS with Crossover, so don't get your hopes up. In fact, if it did work, you would be one of the lucky few. What is important to notice is that Crossover supports running Windows software, not Windows only hardware. To this day, I still use a win7 virtual machine on virtualbox to deal with my Garmin, I suggest you do the same for your Tomtom.

If you get things working, good for you. Otherwise, I would open a support ticket and explain the situation. The folks at Codeweavers are a pretty great bunch and I'm sure they'll find a way to satisfy you.

Good Luck.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUEo2TUwyY0JOQk15eExiWiIsImdkcHIiOjB9