CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover just started crashing and I can't use it

Bought it a couple months ago and was loving it. Downloaded tons of great games and was enjoying them. Suddenly whenever I try to open it it crashes. I have downloaded a newer version but still have same issue. Please help.

I think we'll need more information. Caron will probably move this post into a ticket once she arrives at work.

One thing I can suggest is to move ~/Library/Application Support/CrossOver out of the way and try again. Maybe some data in there is corrupted. If CrossOver starts you can try to move the bottles back in place to avoid losing your data.

Thanks for responding. I did move it to desktop and had same issue. I'm going to back up the crossover folder on usb stick and delete it from hard drive and try again. I'm willing to erase hard drive completely and start from scratch since I was enjoying using the program so much but I hope I don't have to as I have spent lots of time downloading dozens of games. I did put in a ticket so hope to hear back soon. I can say that the day before it started crashing completely it was acting strange by starting and immediately shutting down all apps. After a few tries it would work. Yesterday it was running but installed programs very slowly so I quit and restarted computer And that's when it stopped working. Like I said I really love this program so it's very frustrating that I can't use it. even trashed old version and downloaded newer and still no luck.

Well, what we need to know is what version of CrossOver you're running and what version of the MacOS.

That would be better suited in a Ticket.

If you would log into our website and open a ticket by going to this link:

https://www.codeweavers.com/support/tickets/enter/?list=13;ticket_id=

Or, fill out the form here:

https://www.codeweavers.com/about/general/contact_us_form/#info

That will get the right information to the right people. I have an idea about what's going on, but to know, I would need to see a log file.

You can capture one by following the steps here:

https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/mactutorial/submittechsupportlog

Please set the flags: +seh,+tid,+thread

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicTlRVDVwdlpadUY5Q0g1QiIsImdkcHIiOjB9