CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Support for Linnworks installation?

I have tried to install Linnworks with CrossOver and it doesn't even manage to open the Windows install dialog. I have tried with Wine and Wine will open the Windows install dialog and attempt to install but fails because the wrapper has no access to the internet and the installation checks its connection to the internet. I am connected to the internet but for some reason the Wine Wrapper isn't?

Anyway, I'd be very willing to purchase this product if I could use it for Linnworks because this is the only software on my mac that I use Parallels for and I need to be liberated from god awful Windows forever. No offence if you enjoy Windows!

Well, I really don't enjoy Windows, but I'm no fan of Macs either... as a the Linux user that I am! 😋

Anyway...

If you look at the linnworks installation and setup page, it is clear that the software requires .net4. You will find what you need in the "Runtime Support Components" section of installation wizard. Look for Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0. Make sure you install both .NET4 and your software in the same bottle.

That should get you further. I don't have time to fool around with the trial for now, but, I might check it out later if it doesn't run for you. That being said, .NET applications are a bit of a crap shoot. Some work great, other stubbornly refuse to work.

I'll try to get you going as best I can, although an actual Mac user might know more than me. If not, you can also ask questions during the trial by writing at info@codeweavers.com.

Good Luck!

Thank you. I have installed Net 4.0 and as you said the installation does get further but still crashes. I wonder if anyone knows what other runtime apps I have to install?

We might know more if you generated a basic debug log (link to instructions). Please either post the log in pastebin, or at the very least, between code brackets so that this thread doesn't become one very long page.

With a debug log, we might have a better idea of what exactly is going on.

With the run command option the installer.exe is actually running. It never got this far when I was trying to install the installer.exe into the bottle. So I just followed the debug instructions and the installer.exe is outside of the bottle, still on my mac desktop because it doesn't install inside the bottle.

So far is has moved one step further than it ever has before. It has internet connectivity but doesn't progress when it is checking data cloud connectivity.

The installation just seemed to hang and I had to force quit. The log file is 3.1gb.

Oh crap! I have never seen a 3.1gb log file! I don't really know what to do with that, so at this point I would just tell you to contact Codeweavers, as they might have resources I don't have. Of course, I could also try things with the demo on my end, but if it generates that kind of log for me as well, I really don't have the time to go through that.

It seems to be a problem with internet settings and closed ports. Is there anyway to move the sliders in the Internet Settings? They are fixed?

I am too having the same issue. Did you manage to find a fix for this?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidjR3TGJnczlLYmVtRVpiUSIsImdkcHIiOjB9