CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Stuttering audio issue

Has anyone experienced this? I'm getting constantly stuttering/distorted audio now, although not for everything. e.g., the Flatout intro movie has stuttering audio, but the in-game sound is fine. Most audio doesn't work right though. I know it used to work well back in Crossover 13, so I tried re-installing that, but the issue persists. I tried playing around with bitrate settings with the Audio MIDI Setup app on OS X, and got the audio to be somewhat more recognizable, but it's still nowhere near smooth. It doesn't seem to be an issue with my computer, since the same stuff using Wineskin is totally fine. But I'd really rather use Crossover. Are there any hidden audio settings somewhere? I tried poking around but couldn't find anything. I'm on 10.9.5 (and I've re-installed Crossover 14.11).

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNHYyODM1SjlMNXRXSzNmZCIsImdkcHIiOjB9