CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

One game better with 15.0 (Birth of the Federation); one game worse (screen flashing on Civ IV - Beyond the Sword)

CrossOver 15.0 runs Birth of the Federation perfectly, for all intents and purposes. However, Civilization IV - Beyond The Sword - lost ground. On some screens, I get flashing. But not always the whole screen - sometimes it's bits and pieces of the screen. It happens in certain windows of the game but not others. This did not happen in 14. On the plus side, Beyond the Sword doesn't crash sometimes on startup like it did on 14. Win some, lose some. But that flashing - noted in other games as well - really needs to be fixed.

I'm running CrossOver 15.0 on a MacBook Pro with OS X 10.11.2, if that matters.

same here .. Dragon Ball Xenoverse also has the same screen flicker issue ... also, don't know if it is only me or not but to run AOE II HD, I need to browse to the AOEII.exe and run it... can't launch it directly from steam.. I really hope these issues get fixed soon :)

I have the exact same problem with Eve Online, but I wonder if the issue may be related to the OS X 10.11.2 update. I reinstalled a crossover 14.x and the flickering remained.

That's very possible. What intrigues me is that the screen flashing/flickering varies with games. With Birth of the Federation, there is no screen flashing at all. With "basic" Civ IV, there is only very minimal screen flashing. There is much more screen flashing with Beyond the Sword. The flashing problems seem to increase with the increase in graphic complexity of the games.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiS1pLMk1NRlVzemJkVnozTCIsImdkcHIiOjB9