CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

"Please wait while CrossOver analyzes your bottles...". Okay, I'm waiting...

I'm trying to install either Tropico 4 or Anno 1404, and, after I select the installer, CrossOver tells me "Please wait while CrossOver analyzes your bottles for compatibility with the selected application". I've been waiting for a few hours, now (with vary little CPU activity on the part of CrossOver).

1 - How long is a normal amount of time to wait?
2 - Is there a way to unstick it?
3 - Is there a way to force it to use a new bottle?

If you download the installer and double click it, it should open a new bottle to install the file. Don't make a bottle yourself: let CrossOver handle it. You can install multiple games into one bottle, but using one bottle per game is probably best. BTW: compatibility check should not take more than a couple of minutes.

I have been having the same behaviour, though I'm trying the 4 star rated Mechwarrior Online installer. So far I've found numerous ways to lock up the installer process and have had to force quit the application several times over. The only thing I haven't done yet is restart the computer, but that seems a bit extreme for a piece of software I've just installed :-/

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicFFjeGMzd21Ya3dSN1JCVSIsImdkcHIiOjB9