CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

MT4 Won't Install

I use Crossover to run MT4 trading charts. It has worked beautifully, and still does, unless I want to download new MT4 platform. At a point during installation I'm requested to enter "(Server, Login, Password)", which did not happen in previous installs. I do have the information, and did enter correctly, according to the broker (double checked with broker) and still gets hung up at that point, and I have to quit without install being performed.
OS 10.9, 6GB Ram
Crossover Ver 14.1.1 & 13.2.2 (two licenses) Same thing happens on both versions.

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

I forwarded this query to our support ticket system. If anyone using MetaTrader has information, that is certainly welcome in a reply to this posting. It seemed like our support ninjas might be able to also assist, however.

It looks like MT4's download servers are currently messed up. If the MT4 installer can't find a download server it assumes you're behind a proxy and gives you that message (that server, login, password).

In my test right now it finally found a server (4700ms ping!) and is downloading at about 2/kbs, which is all painfully slow. Nothing we can do though, it's MT's servers and not Crossover.

Thanks Guys. Will try again during slow time.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZkVwcVpQZWhzVXQ5YWZ0dyIsImdkcHIiOjB9