CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Grim Dawn Installation Issue

Ok so i gave in and bought the game through GOG but I am having issues during installation. I get the following error that seems to occur when trying to install microsoft visual C++ 2012

Unable to Execute File: Shutdown

Shell ExecuteEx failed;code 0;
Success

This happens 3 times when trying to install different versions of visuall c++ and the final error is

Runtime Error (at 69;445)

Then

Out of Stack Range

GoG installer says it was succesfully Installed but then when I try to run it I get the message from Crossover "Program Grim Dawn has encountered a serious error and needs to close.

Did you install Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable from Crossover or from some where else? You should us the one in Crossover. It is located under Non Applications - Components.

It is installed through the GOG installer, however after it installed I did install the one found in crossover into the file but still got the message about the serious issue and having to shut down the game

So visuall c++ installs into program, however the installer also tries to install the 2015 version, so i downloaded that and tried to install it into the Grim Dawn bottle however it says it has failed as it can only install into newer version of windows XP SP so issue may be that crossover does not have the required version of windows to run the game at this time.

Vista / 7 / 8 / 10 says GOG. Did you try those instead of XP? You can switch using the configuration utility.

Thanks for advice. Just tried to install into both a vista and windows 8 bottle and still having same issue

So I found a wrapper that was able to get the game working, which makes me think crosssover should somehow be able to get it to run. Anyway the wrapper is certainly more convenient. If anyone is interested in where to get the wrapper let me know. Just glad I didnt waste the 25 bucks I spent on this awesome game!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSEh2S3B5a2hBZmFQYmtYOCIsImdkcHIiOjB9