CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Copy/Paste not working

Just installed Crossover 15. While copying from the Windows app (Easy68K) to the Mac app works, it doesn't work in the Mac-->Windows direction. Tips or workarounds appreciated.

I have having the same problem with Copy/Paste when using Quicken 2016.

I'm also having the same problem. Copy in wine, paste in macos successfully. Copy in macos, clipboard in wine does not get updated.

Having the same issue with EASy68K. It's a pain to have to edit outside of the assembler and go back and forth.

Several things may have changed in our clipboard code recently. The first of these issues was reported with CrossOver 15. CrossOver 16 has new clipboard code and may have already fixed the issue. If any of these are regressions from 15 (i.e., if any clipboard problem is present in CrossOver 16 but did not happen, i.e., was working, in CrossOver 15) that is of particular interest. If something did not work in 15 and still does not work in 16, we are continuing to modify our clipboard code and it is possible that things will be better in our upcoming 16.1.

Thanks for checking on this Josh. I am using 16 and have the same issues as previous posters. I am mostly concerned with getting copy/paste to work within the app itself. What's interesting is that cut works just fine, paste doesn't work at all, and undo wipes out almost all text in the file.

Do you have any idea whether it worked for your application in previous versions of CrossOver (i.e., in CrossOver 15), or is 16 the only version of CrossOver you've used?

Thanks Josh for the prompt reply.
I had/have the same problem with Build 15 and Build 16.

Sorry,
David

I have only used v16

I'm experiencing this same issue with RegexBuddy.

Mac to windows and back.

"this is a test" -> "this is a test" -> "桴獩椠⁳⁡整瑳"

Just installed crossover 16.1 on Mac and copy-paste does not work in neither direction (Neither Windows->Mac nor Mac->Windows)

What is strange is that when using Keepass (that can copy a username or password from Keepass/Windows into the clipboard) it works. So the clipboard seems to work. What is not working is the Crossover native copy & paste functions (either CMD-C/V or CTRL-C/V or right-click copy/paste)

In summary, I think the clipboard works, but what does not work is the copy/paste command that are not putting/getting the stuff from the clipboard (when using another app that puts something in the clipboard not using the copy/paste functions, it works)

Would be nice to fix as this is a big pain...

1 to 11 of 11

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiclNyd3VVQ3ZrYUdTRTNXdSIsImdkcHIiOjB9