CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

I'm new and lost! I'm trying to run a really simple app for Speedee Delivery

Hello,

I'm new here. I have a mac, but have one program I need to run that is Windows only. It is an app to print labels and manifest for Speedee Delivery a Regional shipped in the Midwest. Here is a link to the download. http://www.speedeedelivery.com/speedee_ship/download.html

I don't know if I'm in the right place or not, or how to go about getting this app to work.

I downloaded the program, used Codeweavers to install it, but nothing will open. If I use "Run Command," I get "Command Results The command "/Users/RawDelivery/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Spee-dee/drive_c/SPEEDEE/SpeeDeeShip.exe" returned 53."

I am completely new to Codeweavers and clueless. Any advice is much appreciated!

Thanks!

The only thing I have managed to figure out is that the application needs Visual Basic 6 runtime installed in the bottle.

After installing that, there's a complaint about "activeX", and frankly that's not good. I installed Internet Explorer 7 and 8 thinking that it probably expects that, but it didn't go anywhere. Since error "429" has about a thousand causes, I don't have the time or the will to find a fix for this right now. Maybe the staff would have an answer, there's no harm in opening a support ticket.

At this point, I would want to mention that activeX is a zombie technology. There a still a couple of things out there that use it, but it is crappy, antiquated technology. For as far as I know, even Microsoft's own most recent browser dumped activeX on win10. I think the blame is on Spee-Dee for providing software with such bad technology. It's time they move on.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUEtGQmFBUFdGaGtDdnZVZSIsImdkcHIiOjB9