CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

CrossOver 16.2: Origin EA won't install

Just trying to install Origin EA with Crosstie which doesn't work.

Origin was rated with 4 stars but it wan't installing/downloading at all.

I downloaded Origin from https://www.dm.origin.com/download/legacy but no luck.

Any hints?

You first need to download Origin (version 9.12.0.34172)
When installing deselect all options (do not update Origin etc.)

Be patient. It takes few minutes until Origin install.
Once logged in deselect Origin In-Game.
To have Store working use Windows 7 bottle or change Your existing bottle in Wine configuration to Windows 7.

Enjoy :)

[i]Tested and working great Origin games (CrossOver 16.2)

• Battlefield Bad Company 2
  • Crysis 2 MAXIMUM EDITION
  • Mass Effect 2
  • Medal Of Honor 2010
  • Medal Of Honour Airborne
  • Medal Of Honour Pacific Assault
  • Need For Speed Hot Pursuit
  • Need For Speed Shift
  • Shift 2 Unleashed[/i]

TIP
[i]For anyone having graphic corruption problems (best described as ”flickering flashing triangles”) with CrossOver 16 and “Performance Enhanced Graphic” (CSMT enabled) try this:

• Run Command “regedit”
  • Under “HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/Direct3D add "MaxVersionGL" DWORD with value 30002 (or 40001 if card support OpenGL 4.1) to registry[/i]

Thank you.

Do you have a download link for Origin 9.12.0.34172?

Did Google solve it?
Can't find any "official" EA link

This didn't work for me. I tried both the Crossover Entry for Origin (Electronic Arts) and Origin 2017 (which doesn't seem to be related haha). And for the installer I chose the downloaded setup file mentioned above. It begins installing all the accessory applications and once it gets to the actual Origin installer setup there are several (every coupla minutes) boxes that popup with errors. Eventually Crossover says the installation failed. I made sure I did everything in the steps above (uncheck all boxes, etc) and still it doesn't seem to work. I'm running Crossover 16.2.5 and macOS High Sierra.

Anyone have any thoughts? It seems to be isolated to the Origin installer rather than anything else.

I too am having problems getting the latest Origin EA to install on the latest Crossover Mac.

This is annoying as there are a few really old games I want to play!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYUVLa3JlR0h0MnVCZENLMiIsImdkcHIiOjB9