CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

So when did crossover break and become useless?

I have been using crossover for years, High Sierra comes out and I had no problems for weeks on my MacAir. Then about a week ago computer crashes and freezing, which only occurred whenever I used CrossOver, became common place. I made sure my computer wasn't on iCloud, saved my files in external storage, brought my Mac to the Apple store, had them wipe it, and then return it to me after checking it out. Then I reinstalled the very few programs onto my MacAir and Crossover is the issue. I cannot open any program without crossover freezing. No games at all, not even a simple hex editor or even a simple DnD dice program. I must force shutdown using the power button. And I now find my computer running slower and slower. I had just renewed my license as well. Is there anything possible that I can do. I do not understand what is happening.

Jonathan Wood wrote:

I have been using crossover for years, High Sierra comes out and I
had no problems for weeks on my MacAir. Then about a week ago
computer crashes and freezing, which only occurred whenever I used
CrossOver, became common place. I made sure my computer wasn't on
iCloud, saved my files in external storage, brought my Mac to the
Apple store, had them wipe it, and then return it to me after
checking it out. Then I reinstalled the very few programs onto my
MacAir and Crossover is the issue. I cannot open any program
without crossover freezing. No games at all, not even a simple hex
editor or even a simple DnD dice program. I must force shutdown
using the power button. And I now find my computer running slower
and slower. I had just renewed my license as well. Is there
anything possible that I can do. I do not understand what is
happening.

Apple is making dramatic and breaking changes in their system.

For that you cannot blame CrossOver. Using Windows software on any Unix system will have limitations and is not a magic wand - though many has come to believe so.

You ask what you can do. Patience, report the issues by opening separate support tickets - remember to carefully describe how the issue can be reproduced and remember that Apple are making changes which causes the behavior.

Also worth mentioning - I have a MacBook Pro on High Sierra 13.13.2 which runs CrossOver 17 without hitches.

Not problems here on high Sierra vr 10.13.2 must be your hardware not compatable to crossover becasue my macbook wroks fine.

I'm currently running Mac OS 10.13.3 and I'm also not having issues running most applications. Besides reporting issues, check to make sure that your hardware is supported by CrossOver. The changes that Apple is currently making to Mac OS High Sierra don't seem to affect the current version of CrossOver. You may want to also check the Compatibility page on the main CrossOver web site to ensure that what you're wanting to run is still compatible with the current version of CrossOver.

We have just released CrossOver 17.1 for macOS and Linux, which includes a fix for this High Sierra issue. If you have an active CrossOver 17 license and CrossOver 17 broke with High Sierra, contact info@codeweavers.com and we will upgrade you for FREE. If you have a license that includes the upgrade, please go here and log in to access the installer, or contact our support team if you need further help.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVVRmblNHWmRxZG01YnNGZyIsImdkcHIiOjB9