CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installing games suddenly not working any longer

Hello,

After having used CrossOver for over a year now, I suddenly can't install games any longer. When installing I get the message
OSError(20, 'Not a directory'). And it stops installing. I have been looking for this error on the internet but without any result.
I really hope that somebody can help me with this

Thanks a lot and regards
Hank

This is almost certainly Python related. Did you install a Python interpreter recently, either from Python.org or Homebrew? Odds are Crossover has found your installation and is trying to use packages in it, and failing.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply! I have no idea what Python is and certainly never installed anything from Homebrew or Python. Can you please help me solve this problem?
Thanks a lot in advance!

Greetings
Hank

It looks like you have an uncommon issue CodeWeavers knows about and is trying to track down. According to a post in 2016 by Caron Wills, staff member:

Anyone experiencing this behavior should fill out our form here:

https://www.codeweavers.com/about/contact-us

And ask to be added to bug number 13707.

Thanks, will do that!

I've registered but nobody was able to help me with this.... What to do now. I am afraid I have to find an alternative to CrossOver. Not nice, because everything was working before......

For the record, this does work in Crossover.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidlRZWWc1cTNtcWM4MjROdiIsImdkcHIiOjB9