CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

steam not working

Just updated CrossOver and Steam games won't launch? Any thoughts or is it just me?

Nope. Same here. It was working before, but after updating to the new CrossOver version, all my Steam games won't launch. As if there's nothing happening, when I launch the games.

Help will be appreciated.

Unfortunately, it seems like this is a bug with the new version of CrossOver. Make sure that you have the new version of CrossOver completely shut down, and then you can download and reinstall CrossOver 19.0.1 by going to "My Downloads" and clicking on "Archived Downloads". As long as both versions of CrossOver are not running at the same time, it is not a problem to keep the other version of CrossOver. Feel free to open a support ticket if you need further help :)

Thanks for the help. I was wondering what was going on. So it seems we need to stick with 19.0.1 in order to run Steam. Somehow, patch 19.0.2 broke the functionality.

Were you abole to get it to work?

Because I only get a blank screen when I log into Steam. I have the 19.0.1 trial version installed.

Anna Lasky wrote:

Unfortunately, it seems like this is a bug with the new version of
CrossOver. Make sure that you have the new version of CrossOver
completely shut down, and then you can download and reinstall
CrossOver 19.0.1 by going to "My Downloads" and clicking on
"Archived Downloads". As long as both versions of CrossOver are not
running at the same time, it is not a problem to keep the other
version of CrossOver. Feel free to open a support ticket if you
need further help :)

Hello Anna,
Hope you are well and safe.

I'm a trial user and cannot find the file to download CrossOver 19.0.1. The "Archived Downloads" list is empty.
Is it because I'm a trial user? I wanted to purchase a license to play a game, but before that I'd like to try out if it works.

Thanks & Regards.

I could use this answer as well.

Dreamster wrote:

Anna Lasky wrote:

Unfortunately, it seems like this is a bug with the
new version of CrossOver. Make sure that you have the new version
of CrossOver completely shut down, and then you can download and
reinstall CrossOver 19.0.1 by going to "My Downloads" and clicking
on "Archived Downloads". As long as both versions of CrossOver
are
not running at the same time, it is not a problem to keep the
other
version of CrossOver. Feel free to open a support ticket if you
need further help :)

Hello Anna,
Hope you are well and safe.

I'm a trial user and cannot find the file to download CrossOver
19.0.1. The "Archived Downloads" list is empty.
Is it because I'm a trial user? I wanted to purchase a license to
play a game, but before that I'd like to try out if it works.

Thanks & Regards.

Hi!
I'm interested in this too. Could an admin look into it,please?
Thank you!

Hi,
I am a trial user and i both installed 19.0.1 and 19.0.2 versions. And the games are not launching in both versions. I will use crossover for only for the games on steam. If the problem will not be solved, i will not purchase it. Are/will there any solution to this problem?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTnNzQmRZQkh5Zkp2d1lISiIsImdkcHIiOjB9