CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Nier:Automata unable to input name for profile creation

Was scrolling through the net and found out that there seems to be an issue for Nier:Automata running the current version of Crossover 21, so i decided to try it out. Just to confirm that keyboard input is not being recognised during name entry for profile creation when starting a new game, causing players being unable to progress any further. The only solution currently available is to create a save profile on another windows machine and then running it via crossover, in which the game runs amazingly well (props to the team!).

BUT this doesn't seem like an issue with older crossover 21 nightly builds (couldn't really recall which one) as i managed to create a profile perfectly fine a few months back before the official release of the current version of crossover. I don't know whether this issue is caused by the newest patch of the game or crossover 21.

Hi Christian,

I just tried it out on CrossOver 21, and it worked fine for me. What macOS version are you running?

Best,
Meredith

Appreciate the fast reply! I'm currently running the official build of Crossover 21 on Mac os Big Sur 11.5.2 on a M1 Macbook Pro 16gb.

I have the same issue. MBP15,2 - Big Sur 11.5.2 - CrossOver 21
May can be workarounded by creating a profile on for ex. Parallels, move the save dir to Crossover's bottle. I'll try this later today.

Well it's strange. Now it's working, but I didn't do anything special.
You can try remove & readd CrossOver to Security & Privacy -> Privacy -> Accessibility.

Hi! That is weird, Just tried your suggestion and still couldn't manage to create a new profile.

Hi, just wanna update that this issue is fixed on Crossover 210210824 Nightly build. Thanks for the help everyone!

I am still hitting this, on Crossover v21.1 on my M1 Pro MBP

For those that still cannot create a new save file at the beginning of the game because the keyboard is not working, in my opinion there is no workaround for this.

So, my suggestion is just to find a blank save file from the beginning of the game and copy it in your save directory, skipping the step that doesn't work in game.

Get a clean SlotData_0.dat from this discussion, post from Aemony: https://steamcommunity.com/app/524220/discussions/0/2765630416813317699/#c2765630416813797625

Run this python script from you Mac to change the savefile UUID and update the character name (fix the script removing the first few lines that get the save directory from an environment variable, it doesn't work on a mac): https://github.com/CensoredUsername/Nier-Automata-editor

The fixed SlotData_0.dat file should then be copied under Documents/My Games/Nier_Automata/.

You'll probably have the same issue with Replicant, be aware, still haven't resolved it in that case.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoia3A1dHVDOEN0RXVuSGRUciIsImdkcHIiOjB9