CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

GTA V stuck at loading, with DXVK functional

I've been setting this up for a whole day and the game is still stuck at loading.
Tried 2 different bottles (Win7x64 & Win10x64) and reconfigured from scratch for numerous times.
Went to Reddit and the forum for solutions.
Tried reinstalling the software.
Checked DXVK. Even reinstalled it a couple times, but it's still unsolved.
I'm using version 21.1 and I wonder if there's something else I can try.

Hi there,

If you minimize the game, do you see a prompt to grant Microphone permissions? Granting the permissions might solve the problem.

Best,
Meredith

Meredith Johnson wrote:

Hi there,

If you minimize the game, do you see a prompt to grant Microphone
permissions? Granting the permissions might solve the problem.

Best,
Meredith

Yes. I've checked that and it's still not working.

Took me days to figure this out by myself. Here are some tips and findings.
-- To users from China just like me: don't use the download from crossoverchina.com, because the library isn't the newest and things don't work out sometimes. Use the version from the English website here.
-- I installed Steam first, then DirectX and DXVK into the same bottle.
-- My previous attempts did not activate the prompt to use microphones, although it prompts to use accessibility functions. But when it appears do allow it.
Hope you'll find this useful.

Oh no...
Today it's all turns back. Same infinite loading screen and no Rockstar or Steam pop-ups.
I checked the privacy settings and was surprised to find that CrossOver disappeared from the microphone access list.
The prompt to authorize access isn't seen again.

Bump!

Same situation - infinite loading screen right from the start: 'Loading Story Mode' & stuck on the blonde in the bikini.
Tried reinstalling, tried a dxvk async bottle, opening rockstar before steam, after steam, not at all, rockstar & no steam. No dice on any of it so far.
Hope the mods have some ideas - the March 1st nightly build at least allowed a foot in the door!

The root cause is still the same: if you don't grant permission to the Microphone, you will get stuck in Loading Story Mode. This seems to work well for nearly everybody, so I'm not quite sure what is going wrong for the few people that aren't seeing this prompt.

The only thing I can think of is I would highly recommend installing GTA V into its own Steam bottle: it's possible it could be silently failing to show the permissions dialog if Microphone permissions have already been requested by that same bottle before.

And lastly, changing to a DXVK version other than the one we ship is fully unsupported, so we cannot assist you further via our support ticket system if you have changed your DXVK version.

Best,
Meredith

Meredith Johnson wrote:

The root cause is still the same: if you don't grant permission to
the Microphone, you will get stuck in Loading Story Mode. This seems
to work well for nearly everybody, so I'm not quite sure what is
going wrong for the few people that aren't seeing this prompt.

I’ve reset/cleared all Microphone permissions in Monterey (in Terminal paste tccutil reset Microphone and hit enter) but it never asked for microphone permission again.

I used to see the new Monterey "microphone is enabled" orange dot in the iirc top right corner of the screen when GTA V was loading up . I don’t see that anymore. I use Heroic btw.

It asks for permission in other macOS apps right away though (i.e. launched Whatsapp and tried to record an audio message and boom there's the permission popup) and I created a new bottle and installed Audacity in it (that was the first small app that could use a microphone that popped up on my mind) and as soon as I launched it it asked for microphone permission as well.

Looking into this nifty lil thingy now tccutil.py to add the permission for Crossover/GTA V myself (because maxOS’ tccutil only allows the command reset and not insert or enable), but am a bit lost there. Input, or just a fix will be appreciated. :) EDIT: no dice with tccutil.py

Something like this missing since the update of macOS 12.2.1 or something? Seems some routine has changed how mic permissions are requested/granted.

To this date I have the same issue. I minimised everything but there's no microphone permission window.
I also installed with heroic. Additionally, I checked the Mic permissions config and Crossover and heroic don't appear there to grant them the permissions. Monterey 12.2.1.

If you figured it out, please let me know!

D

Also facing this problem since update of Monterey. The microphone thingy never poped up, and also stuck at the bikini page. I used the latest crossover and had tried several times (eg. redownloading the game, verify, redownload crossover, etc.) which all don't work. My computer is a Macbook 13in with M1. My client is Heroic. If theres any solution I will be very grateful.

Hi there,

You can try this tip to see if it helps you: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/tips/grand-theft-auto-v/fix-for-gta-v-stuck-on-loading

Best,
Meredith

1 to 11 of 11

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOTZ6NVN3bjVRenJrSlhWNCIsImdkcHIiOjB9