CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

How do I increase the amount of Virtual Memory or Page File in a bottle?

Earlier today when I was trying to install a program through "setup.exe", the error occurred.

Error message:
ISDone.dll
An error occurred when unpacking!

Unarc.dll returned an error code: -1

ERROR: archive datacorrupted(decompression fails)

Of course there are some .bin data files attached to be unziped(24G), but I have installed some program whose size were much bigger than this and they didn't go wrong.

Anyway, Google said that it has to do somthing with the "Windows" Virtual Memory, so I wonder if there is any way we can change the Virtual Memory of the bottle so the error can be fixed, thank you 3000.

ps: Please don't transfer me to some old linux thread, it has nothing to do with MacOS, and I can't copy the method, please do help!

System: MacOS Montery 12.1

Crossover Version: 21.2

Bottle Informtion: Windows 7(64Bit)

Hi there,

I see you have posted twice about this issue. It'd be very helpful to know what application you're trying to run: that will often jog people's memories more than the error message without context.

Best,
Meredith

Meredith Johnson wrote:

Hi there,

I see you have posted twice about this issue. It'd be very helpful to know what application you're trying to run: that will often jog people's memories more than the error message without context.

Best,
Meredith

It was a setup process of the new NFS game installation.

The ISO file contains:
autorun.inf
NeedForSpeedHeat_0.ico
setup-0.bin
setup-1.bin
setup.exe

Do ask me if there are more information required.

Can you please confirm that you purchased this game legally from a reliable source? This error message can be associated with pirated games, which we cannot help troubleshoot.

Best,
Meredith

Meredith Johnson wrote:

Can you please confirm that you purchased this game legally from a reliable source? This error message can be associated with pirated games, which we cannot help troubleshoot.

Best,
Meredith

This file was from a friend, I doubt it was from a reliable source, just wanna test if it works on Crossover.
If this is the case, then sorry for wasting your time.
Thanks again.
You guys are doing great work for Mac Gaming and hope for the best!

No worries at all :) We appreciate your support!

Best,
Meredith

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiaDNoRUxHWnE3TlRwTm1WSCIsImdkcHIiOjB9