CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Windows Auto Hide (taskbar) detected. May cause screen corruption. Disable before running?

Hi Rebels.

Recent purchaser of Crossover [WINE] for Mac. Tried to install a new Windows app. I get this alert before running. "Auto Hide detected". Windows taskbar auto hide is enabled. This may cause screen corruption. Please disable before proceeding. (continue? Yes or no)

Sure enough. the app is distorted on running and is frozen and non functional. The problem is I can find no options in the WINE configuration to disable auto hide of the Windows task bar. I have tried different Windows OS versions. No change. Bottle deletion and reinstall led to the same

A disappointing start. Crossover was attractive to me as an alternative to bootcamp, VirtualBox or Parallels running Windows 10. All of which will run the app in question. Any advice on disabling the alerted feature?

Thx

M1 MacBook Pro device.

Your really not providing much to go off here.

What app are you having this issue with?

Why didn’t you verify this app was working using the trail before making a purchase?

This being the forums isn’t the place for support from CodeWeavers staff, you’d need go open a support ticket for this as explained under “Important Notice” when posting to the forms.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicFAyeFBLcEdKUzZ3ekNKVyIsImdkcHIiOjB9