CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

No internet reported by Steam under Crossover - despite all other Mac apps, including Steam for Mac running fine.

I have Crossover 21.2 running on my Mac Studio under Monterey. When I try to install a Steam game using a Crossover tie, Steam either fails to begin its initial check for updates, saying I have no internet connection, or (very rarely) will load up and start a download, take 2 days to download half a game then grind to a halt. Speedtest reports my Mac's internet connection as at least 30MB/s down and 10 up, using either WiFi or ethernet, and no other Mac applications have a problem using the internet (I'm writing this post now in Safari after all), including Steam for Mac.

I've tried tweaking the Steam settings:

• reducing downloads to 1MB/s
  • changing the 'nearest' server to another city and even country
  • taking Steam offline then back online
  • reinstalling the bottle
  • ensuring Steam for Mac is logged out and not running

None of these work for more than a few minutes of sub-MB/s speeds if at all.

Does anyone have any ideas of what could be wrong?

Hi there,

There are a couple of possible reasons for this. First, please make sure Private Relay is disabled. If it's disabled and you're still seeing this issue, then it's possible some of your router settings aren't playing nice with CrossOver. You can confirm by connecting to a different network.

Best,
Meredith

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTUpTQ3RKUnZ5YUdCQWVoeCIsImdkcHIiOjB9