CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam Dune: Spice Wars ends up with blue screen, but not BSOD

Dune: Spice Wars runs fine on Parallels Win11 ARM64 on my Mac Studio M1 Ultra.

It installs fine on Crossover using Steam and I can go through the setup screens, but when I go to start the screen I just end up with a Blue Screen.
I am using the DirectX option. I reinstalled DirectX into the bottle just to be sure, but would imagine I would get an error.
As expected, OpenGL would not work.

Has anybody found a tweak?

-- Harald

Hi Harald,

I've reproduced it here - same situation. The Menu is working but when the game starts I get some light blue window but a working mouse cursor.
Generally that's really awesome I think because music, input devices and stuff is working and if it's DirectX there is a chance that it will work maybe with some tweaks. I'm not yet that familiar with the latest CrossOver stuff regarding DirectX options but I'm really interested in getting this up and running ;)

I'll give feedback here if I have some progress or ideas.

Update:

i was able to get it up and running without the blue screen without any glitches or problems.
I just changed my Steam-Bottle to "Windows 10" and restarted Dune (which then seems to re-install some directx stuff) - working.
Tried with different bottle settings now (enhanced graphics, DXVK backend for D3D11 even that I'm not if that makes some difference), also seems to work!

https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/dune-spice-wars

Maybe the CrossTie is accepted. Not perfect though but working.

I also ran into this issue but managed to fix it by enabling the High Resolution Mode for the Bottle I installed Dune: Spice Wars in. It will still show a blue screen sometimes, and then after trying again it will work properly. Thus it doesn't seem to be a 100% fix, but I've been able to play a couple of hours without any issues.

Quick response from Codeweavers:

https://twitter.com/CodeWeavers/status/1520087050531356672

We have a general cross tie for this now, and our "own" forum ;)
https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/forum/dune-spice-wars

I think i need to dive into the crosstie development, the current crosstie don't install the steam stuff automatically, don't know yet if it's possible?

Bye
Björn

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTDRYRjlTQVB2YTZydHNRVCIsImdkcHIiOjB9