CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

File access problem since using Crossover for mac v21x

Hello,

I have a question related to a file reading/access problem since using crossover V21.

I was able to run the game Run8V2 perfectly in Crossover V20, however, after upgrading to Crossover V21, the game crashed because of a file access violation.

I the OSX settings menu - privary and file acces tab, I have added the Run8 program to have "full disk access", however, the program still seems not to be able to access/load certain game files.

Any reccomendation on how to achieve full file access for this game?

Many thanks!

Note sure if that helps but:
Due to the fact that "CrossOver" is running to get the stuff working - have you tried to add CrossOver itself to the privacy&file access stuff and give full disk access?
Just an idea...

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibVN1VG1zWVlSa2RRUmdUQyIsImdkcHIiOjB9