CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

vkQuake source port malfunctioning

I am trying to play the vkQuake source port. I installed Quake from GOG and that was successful. Then i followed vkQuake instructions by copying files to the Quake folder then launch vkQuake.exe . I launch vkQuake by using the run command in the Windows Bottle. I get an error saying something like "Windows has no application configured to run this app"

I shutdown Crossover, when I restarted the run command worked. Any idea whats going on? Crossover 20.0.4

You did download the 64Bit build of vkQuake and tried to run it in a 64Bit bottle right?

yes, how did you know!? isn't 64 better? I thought all apps are now made to be 64-bit

PurplePi wrote:

yes, how did you know!? isn't 64 better? I thought all apps are now made to be 64-bit

In our case we need the 64Bit version as only wine64 supports Vulkan on macOS.

Did you actually make a 64Bit bottle?, I’ve tested the very latest vkquake version on even my Intel Mac running macOS Mojave and that also runs it’s not problem using a blank Win7_64Bit bottle.

when i restarted the bottle it worked but before that it said the Windows has no app to run this error. Thanks for the help. you are genius

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiN2VrS1lRYmVzWjRiYmdCWCIsImdkcHIiOjB9