CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Does Crossover Mac support anti-aliasing in games?

Hi all...was playing Lord of the Rings Online running under Crossover on Mojave when i turned on anti-aliasing. The screen turned completely red and there was nothing I could do to revert it to a previous state. So now I am reloading everything again. So, my question is, does Crossover Mac support anti-aliasing in games? Thanks.

William Sutton wrote:

Hi all...was playing Lord of the Rings Online running under Crossover on Mojave when i turned on anti-aliasing. The screen turned completely red and there was nothing I could do to revert it to a previous state. So now I am reloading everything again. So, my question is, does Crossover Mac support anti-aliasing in games? Thanks.

That happens when you are using the Vulkan backend, which is enabled by default. Go to your bottle settings and enable DXVK Backend for D3D11 instead. You might also need to install “DirectX for Modern Games” into your bottle.

If you ever change a setting using LOTRO’s in-game OPTIONS panel and doing so makes it impossible to use the OPTIONS panel to revert your change, you can edit your ~/Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online/UserPreferences.ini file or your ~/Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online/UserPreferences64.ini file (depending on whether you made the change to the 32-bit client or the 64-bit client) in order to set the parameter back to something that will work.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTVlMZnpGVkFaN0M4Q3E2ViIsImdkcHIiOjB9