CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

ODBC

I'm checking out Ham Radio software, and finding (of course) that some things work under Crossover Mac and others don't. Ham Radio Deluxe installs and opens to the splash screen, but then says the odbccp32.dll isn't present, and eventually fails. Is there a way to get ODBC installed? I can't find this particular odbc dll on the Microsoft site.

Suggestions welcome.

Peter

It might be present on the installer CD, or if you own a copy of XP you can try searching for it and copying it from there into the Crossover bottle.

Thanks for the suggestion. When I tried to copy the .dll into the system32 folder in the bottle, it turned out it was already there, along with several other ODBC files. So it may be something else. This time, the startup errors referred to SQL errors in the logbook database setup.

This program (Ham Radio Deluxe) installs and uses an Access database. Are there known problems with Access?

Peter Wollan

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTTJNazRwcThwOG1jSmsyRSIsImdkcHIiOjB9