CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Tag & Rename 3.4.6 & Newsleecher 3.9 final

Hi,

I managed to install Tag & Rename 3.4.6. The program runs fine and I can open, access and mark files in the file explorer.

But things go wrong trying to rename the files.
Tag & Rename uses masks to determine what mask equals what information in the filename/ ID3 tag. The masks are built like say: %1 - %2 (artists - title)

When I enter the mask in the input field, the input is somehow changed automagically, ie: '%1' becomes '<'. Every second character typed is replaced with '<' in fact. So '%' remains '%' but '%x' is replaced with '<'. This is kinda frustrating, as I am this close to using this killer app, which sadly has no worthy MAC alternatives.

On a sidenote: Newsleecher 3.9 final works perfectly. For now, ofcourse the ability to drag and drop .nzb files onto the file queue doesn't work and since the app doens't have a .nzb file import option, I had to resort to specifying a NZB autoimport folder, but that is just fine with me. This is another one of those programs which sadly doesn't have any decent MAC alternatives, if you ask me. None have a good auto unrar/ autopar function, but this one does it all for you. So if anybody else is wondering if the current versions of both apps work together: they do!

Anyway, back to Tag & Rename: can anybody point me in the right direction to fix my (seamingly) small issue? It would make my life a little easier.

I already tried setting the locale via the terminal, but that doesn't help. Seems there's something wrong with keyboard input and not the system's locale.

thanks in advance!

dmmh wrote:

On a sidenote: Newsleecher 3.9 final works perfectly. For now,
ofcourse the ability to drag and drop .nzb files onto the file queue
doesn't work and since the app doens't have a .nzb file import
option, I had to resort to specifying a NZB autoimport folder, but
that is just fine with me. This is another one of those programs
which sadly doesn't have any decent MAC alternatives, if you ask me.
None have a good auto unrar/ autopar function, but this one does it
all for you. So if anybody else is wondering if the current versions
of both apps work together: they do!

There is an import button it is under the queue screen under the options button. Click the option button and then import nzb file.

Hope this helps.

ok, thanks :)

but back to the real problem. I am far more anxious to get Tag & Rename working, as there are somewhat decent alternatives for fetching news, but the ID3 tag rename apps are a mere shadow of what's available for the windows platform, sadly. Wish I could switch to just MAC apps, but for now, that's really not an option I guess :(

nobody? :(

Have you tried it with the new crossover 7? I use the program too and wanted to know.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiMm5VV1VadlN0dkhGZWVXciIsImdkcHIiOjB9