CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

More Internet Explorer Questions

Hi all,

Been experimenting with CX to see if I can get IE6 running on my mac so that I can login to a website for work. The native version does not work and it looks like the website is using a lot of ActiveX and DHTML. Has anyone gotten IE6 to install in an winxp bottle? Whenever I attempt this, IE never shows up in my applications list. Was going to try and get IE6 going and maybe try install .NET. Any success here? When I install IE6 into my win98 bottle, I still have problems with the website so not exactly sure what it is looking for yet. Anyone have any trouble with DHMTL? I know this is not specific... I'll see if I can find some of the functions they are trying.

Thanks for any help.

• Mike

Looks like Frank and I are trying to access the same webpage. I need to install Java now as well into my win98 bottle.

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/general/?;t=27;msg=34341

Was the original post. Does anyone (maybe Guy) have the instructions?

Thanks!

• Mike

AH got java installed. Just downloaded it and installed it as "unsupported software" it seemed to work just fine. Unfortunately, my website woes still persist. Appears ActiveX is not working and not sure if that will ever work under CX - thoughts?

Thanks,

• Mike

I've found Crossover seems to have a 1 in 5 chance of running an ActiveX component, and if it doesn't run it the first time it's basically not going to run it at all. There's one hidden package in Crossover called the MFC libraries which I've been told you can install into the same bottle as IE and it will help with ActiveX, but I've never seen a change in the times I've asked people to try it.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY1dDZzJwTTJ0WHV6elVVSiIsImdkcHIiOjB9