CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Outlook 2007 and IMAP - not working

I downloaded and installed the Office 2007 demo from MS. Crossover Mac 7 accepted the .exe fine, installed fine (I selected only Outlook 2007), and then Outlook 2007 started without issues. However, it won't work with any IMAP settings. I read a post from the this link - http://www.nabble.com/Crossover-7---td16704495.html - that IMAP was working poorly in a beta in April, but am hoping for more information, forum member fixes, or any workarounds.

Have you tried installing IE6 into the same bottle as your outlook?

We also recommend that you put your outlook in a Windows 2000 bottle (or later).

Do either of these steps help?

No, Outlook 2007 was in a stand-alone winxp bottle. I'll make a new winxp bottle, install IE6, and then install Outlook 2007.

Unfortunately this didn't help. I created a new bottle - winxp - and installed IE6. Then I installed Office 2007 Standard. All other applications work well, including Outlook 2007 for POP, but just not for IMAP.

We finished some IMAP testing with gmail over here, and it looks like Outlook may need a service pack update to Windows itself in order for IMAP to function properly. This is an ongoing issue for us (one we thought may be improved with changes in CX 7), and something we really hope to have fixed for a later release of Crossover, but for right now IMAP with Outlook 2007 is not functional. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibjNOQU5mNlB6VmFCUWhDTCIsImdkcHIiOjB9