CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Is there anyway to set up Printing?

from a Win app to Mac OS X, more specically its PDF writer?

Printing to real printers should "just work", I am not sure about the PDF writer though.

When I print from my application it only displays a Wine printer and a KDE one.

The PDF writer is a standard option whenever you print anything on Mac OSX.

An important question(which I don't know the answer to) is if the PDF writer is a standard printer in the terms of the MacOS CUPS printing system, or some 'extra' software outside of it. CrossOver talks to the printing system. So if it is a printer, it should show up there. If the PDF writer bypasses CUPS, it will not show up in the CrossOver printer listing.

Download and install CUPS PDF for OSX from codepoetry.net, which will appear as a additional printer both in OSX and in Crossover. It will allow you to print to PDF from Crossover rather than to paper. The resulting PDF files appear in a folder in OSX. I used this a lot when helping a Windows developer test his solutions in Crossover, not wanting to consume large quantities of paper while testing, allowing me to email him the results.

Works a treat. Let me know how you get on.

Guy

Fantastic!

I will give it a go.

CUPS-PDF is perfect! Thanks again.

I love Crossover.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWjlXOGtWQlY2bngzZWJFSyIsImdkcHIiOjB9