CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Nothing working at all!

Having been recommended CrossOver from a friend to try on my new 20" 2.0 ghz iMac, I downloaded it and installed everything without any problems. I then downloaded and installed Steam with no problems. However, I have since tried installing several games and none of them have worked!

First up was Half Life 2, which installed and launched but took me back to my desktop saying I needed new drivers for my graphics card. Which I couldn't find. So I tried an old game, RollerCoaster Tycoon, which again installed itself with no problems but whenever it was launched just threw me back to my desktop with no explanation.

OK, it was an old game and I wasn't expecting much. So I tried Trackmania United Nations and again, the install was brilliant. I launched the game and got a menu screen, but it then asked me to either 'Connect' or 'Stay Offline' and although when I moved my mouse over either of the options it lit up, I couldn't click either of them and it left me with no options but to quit the game.

So, my question is, what actually works? Is there something I'm missing here, or is it just because they are unsupported software?😕

My setup is a standard 2.0ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac running on MacOS 10.5.2. Any help would be appreciated.

Half Life 2 broke after a HL2 update, however, a fix exists: See in the HL2 forums. Other HL2 based games like CS:Source, TF2, etc work fine.

Trackmania Nations uses the Starforce copy protection, even the free versions, and even the Steam version. I think that is as an anti-cheat measure. Starforce does not work in CrossOver, and probably never will.

I don't know about RollerCoaster. Some people had success with it, but it might have copy protection problems as well.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoid2hhcnNMSFJKWkhtdmh2NCIsImdkcHIiOjB9