CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam, Mac and Wolfenstein: New Order

Hello everyone,

I'm new to Crossover and such but I want to play Wolfenstein: the New Order using Steam. I installed Steam using the Crossover trial and downloaded the whole 40+ gig of WFTNO.

When starting the game however, it says: Missing executable.

Is this because the game isn't supported by Crossover or is it me doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Wolfenstein: New Order is a 64bit only application. CrossOver creates 32bit environments, so the game won't work. Here's a quote from Vincent Povirk (wine dev and Codeweavers employee) when the topic about supporting 64bit applications came up in the advocate forums:

On Mac, the 64-bit ABI is simply incompatible with Windows, and to
the best of our knowledge this is impossible to resolve without the
use of emulation or virtualization.

Ok thank you very much for your answer!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicVdVRkFMdGNmZFdVZlF0YyIsImdkcHIiOjB9