CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

"kCGDisplayShowDuplicateLowResolutionModes" problem from CX14.0.0

I use Wineskin to make wrappers on OS X and, more often than not, I use WineCX code. I also try to avoid X11 as best as I can and use the Mac Driver. Since I don't like to use Alt+Cmd+Q (and the sort) to quit the app, I compile the source's winemac.drv after making a few changes.

After WineCX14.0.0 was released, I noticed that any wrapper app I'd create with this version's winemac.drv wouldn't work on Snow Leopard (and presumably Lion as well). This was because of the new addition in the code of what I assume to be compatibility with Retina macs; and since Snow Leopard and Lion weren't prepared for Retina macs, they couldn't create windows with winemac when they'd get to a condition where they'd check the following:
if (&kCGDisplayShowDuplicateLowResolutionModes != NULL)

I'm assuming this is what's keeping my apps to draw windows with CX14.0.0 based on what I've read from the logs.

Can anyone suggest what I should do in order to make this version work on the older OS mentioned in this post?

Thank you for your time.

This was fixed by throwing CFLAGS=-mmacosx-version-min=10.6 when configuring Wine.
I'm sorry for this being such a really dumb distraction.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY3BXWVQydUNhaEtBS1E5YyIsImdkcHIiOjB9