CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam games help

So i have crossover and have downloaded steam. This part is all working fine but when i try to start up certain games i get an error for example H1z1 which is a new game for windows. I have no idea what the problem is but i keep getting this error message.

Unable to launch C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/H1Z1/H1Z1.exe - 193: Bad EXE format for %1.

if anyone can help that would be great

Steam is supported, but not all of the games you can play on Steam. Are the games you try to play in the database for supported games? (https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name) -> or click what runs tab...

Edit: link

Hello there,

This game requires DirectX 11, and CrossOver only supports DirectX 9 at the moment, so that is why your game won't work. They are hard at work improving DirectX support though.

Actually that is only one of the reasons H1Z1 won't work. Another one is that the game, so far, is 64bit only. That is what the bad .exe message is about. CrossOver can run only 32bit programs at the moment,

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY1d0QlV4VEZXOVU0NUE0USIsImdkcHIiOjB9